The Apostle’s Care
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How has the end of Romans given us insight into the heart of Paul and of Christianity itself?
2. What does Paul warn his readers against, and what does he instruct them to do? How does this encourage humility and devotion to sound doctrine?
3. How are the false teachers described? What is the relationship between division and false teaching?
4. What does it look like to be naive? How have you seen people deceived and led astray “by smooth talk and flattery” (v. 18)?
5. How does Paul view the Roman Christians? What reassurances are provided for believers in v. 20?
6. How are the final greetings from Paul’s friends related to the previous warning?
7. What do Gaius and Erastus tell us about the makeup of the early church?
References: Galatians 5:20; Philippians 2:2-3; Romans 8:13; 1:25, 8; 15:14; 1 Corinthians 10:12; Romans 12:9; Matthew 10:16; Romans 5:2; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Hebrews 4:16; Acts 16:1-3; Philippians 2:22.