The Eighth Commandment: No Stealing
Sermon 53 in Series
 “You shall not steal.
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How do we often lose sight of God’s ownership of everything? Why is the concept of stewardship so important as we think about what we have?
2. How does the Bible affirm ownership of property? What does it mean to say that God distributes to all in his wisdom and providence?
3. What are some different ways that people steal? How does a lack of contentment dishonor God and lead to stealing?
4. How does work function as God’s means for meeting our needs? In what ways are we tempted to replace work with something else?
5. How does this commandment ultimately call us to generosity and giving? How can we more faithfully put this into practice?
6. In what ways is the nature of the Christian life diametrically opposed to stealing? How does Ephesians 4:28 offer practical guidance in confessing Jesus as Lord and storing up treasure in heaven?
References: Psalm 119:97; Psalm 24:1; James 1:17; John 3:27; Matthew 6:11; Acts 4:36-37; 5:4; 1 Timothy 6:6-10, 17; Genesis 3:19; 2 Thessalonians 3:10; Proverbs 6:6-11; Exodus 22:6; 2 Corinthians 9:7; 1 John 3:17; James 2:15-17; Romans 10:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Colossians 3:23; Galatians 2:20; Matthew 6:20; Colossians 3:1; Ephesians 4:28.