Israel on the Move
Sermon 31 in Series
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Why did God choose to use an untrained army of former slaves? What does this tell us about his glory and our weaknesses?
2. Where in this passage do we see God’s consideration, compassion, and protection of his people in view of their weaknesses? How does this encourage us as we face temptation?
3. In what ways do Joseph’s bones function as a symbol? How do they clarify the meaning of biblical faith?
4. What effect would the pillar of cloud and fire have had on the Israelites as they traveled? How does this illustrate God’s presence with us today?
5. How are you tempted to lose sight of God’s guiding presence? How can we practically remind one another that God never leaves us?
References: Exodus 12:41; Genesis 15:16; Numbers 13:31; 14:4; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Matthew 6:13; Genesis 50:25; Hebrews 11:1; Exodus 14:24; Psalm 105:39; Matthew 28:20.